Thursday, December 24, 2009
Enjoy the rest of the Holiday Season,
Friday, December 18, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
So I promised a layout and here it is! Simple but nice, right? Let me know what you think.
What I used from CTMH: Felicity Collection Paper, Mini medley Chocolate shades collection,Ribbon Rounds Chocolate Collection,Tiny Tabs,Just Blooms Spring Blossom Flowers,Cocoa ink pad, Notice The Details stamp set, Felicity Collection Stamp set.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Last year I was about 7 months pregnant with my son so my daughter and I did not get to enjoy the snow much. This year we are both looking forward to it, going sledding and building snowmen, making snowballs, oh what fun. I can not wait to see what Riley will think of snow ( he is 10 months in a few days ).
Here are some things I made yesterday. Enjoy!
A Christmas card for my parents and sister back home in Hungary.
What I used from CTMH: Juniper card stock, Jingle level 2 paper packet, Evergreen Stamp set, holiday Trinkets stamp set.
I hope they will like this card. I left the bottom strip empty so I can write a little note there to them.
Here is a layout of us visiting Santa. Yous should have all seen the look on my son's face when I planted him in Santa's lap. He kept looking at him with a very serious face for a long time. it was hard to get him distracted so he would look at the photographer.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup grated fresh ginger
( Decorate with icing, I just leave it plain and sprinkle it with icing sugar for a snow effect )
1. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves; set aside.In a large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until combined. Add egg , molasses, vanilla, beat until combined. Beat in ginger and as much of the flour mixture as you can. Stir in remaining flour. Cover and chill dough for 3 hours or overnight, or until easy to handle.
2. Preheat oven to 375. On a lightly floured surface roll dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. Cut dough using 5 inch gingerbread people cookie cutter ( you can use any shapes, I make this for Valentines, etc.. ) Arrange the cutout about 1 inch apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are light and brown. Transfer cookies to wire racks.
To Store: Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container, cover. Freeze unfrosted cookies for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies then decorate.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 Tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups all -purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Milk Chocolate kisses
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl beat shortening and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in the 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in pre-heated oven for 10-12 mins or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Transfer to wire racks. Cool.
Same storage applies to this as to the gingerbread cookies. Also, the chocolate takes a while to harden.
Merry Christmas and have fun making these cookies!
Friday, December 4, 2009
While I was out my " Mail Lady " came by to get the recipe. My MIL said she was really touched and I guess she found out her name too: Paulette - what an unusual name.
She was very surprised to receive the recipe made into a little book for her. I am glad I could make her happy and bring some Holiday Cheer for her. I hope the grand kids as well as her will enjoy the cookies.
I really have to dash :) so come back tomorrow to find the recipes on my blog.
Take care and have a great weekend!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
She is such a sweet lady. In the summer heat I usually offer her some cold bottled water or a freeze and in the cold winter days something hot to drink and some home made cookies around Christmas. Last week when she delivered my mail I offered her some of the peanut butter kisses I made and she really enjoyed them. She also tasted my ginger bread cookies before.
Today she came to knock on my door to ask for the recipes so she could make them for her grand kids. I asked her to step in so I can make a copy of the recipes but she said she had to go but will get it tomorrow. So a light bulb went off in my head!
I will leave her a note inside the white page I left blank. I just have to think of what to say. :)
Here is the result! :)
What I used from CTMH: Jingle Level 2 Paper kit, Crystal Blue Card Stock, Juniper and Tulip ink pads, Holiday Trinkets Stamp set, Chocolate alphabet large, Flip - Flaps. ( Yes I am in love with the Flip-Flaps ! ), Recipe Box stamp set.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
The open customer shopping begins Wednesday, December 2, at 9 a.m. and continues through Thursday, December 17 (11:59 p.m. MT) or while product supplies last!
There are just too many items to list here! But watch for paper packets, My Acrylix® stamp sets, accessories, and more—something for everybody!
It’s a remarkable opportunity to stock up on some great products at fabulous prices.
This is a great way to get all the scrapbookers and cardmakers on your holiday gift list wonderful presents they’ll love at super prices.
With the holidays here, stock up on products to create sentimental cards, awesome invitations, great gift tags, and even wrapping paper embellishments!
What I used from CTMH: dotted Jingle paper, Family Ties stamp set, Welcome Home stamp set,Hollyhock card base, Liquid glass.
On my son's baby pics layout I used: Twitterpated B&Ts, Crystal Blue and Sweet Leaf card stock paper.B&T duos paper from the Emporium paper kit,Wonder Heartfelt Die cuts, Crystal Blue Waxy Flax.
Thank you for stopping by again!