Friday, July 10, 2009

My parents' are here to visit us!

I am soo excited since I have my parents here for a short visit from Hungary! I have been so busy with preparations since we are heading out to a cottage to spend the rest of their stay there. Hopefully the weather will be warm enough to enjoy the water. It is so peaceful and beautiful at this Four Mile Lake Cottage. I really can not wait to be there. My MIL bought another kayak so Chloe can go on it with her, that would be interesting... haha and she is trying to convince me to go on it with her, well good luck. :) Chloe is signed up for swimming lessons for the 2 weeks while we are there. I cannot wait just to sit around enjoy the water the peace and quite if that is possible with 2 kids, my parents and and my in laws there. :) I am looking forward to campfires and roasting marshmallows.I packed a few thing already, like our beach towels and swim wear, some food...ohh this does not sound such a good progress...I need to get on it tomorrow! Today my mom and I made cabbage rolls. I am a vegetarian but the rest of the family isn't. We'll take some with us to the cottage for my in-laws too, and I froze some for our use. AND Mari Mama ( my mom ) made home made doughnuts today! It was a hit with Chloe. She loved it with powdered sugar on it just like daddy ( I call it Canadian style ) and we ate it with organic apricot jam on it.
My parents absolutely adore the kids, they get worn out. It is so nice to have them here but I am sure the goodbyes will be hard and emotional. Chloe went from being shy (on the first day of meeting her grandparents ) and not talking even in English, to trying to express herself in Hungarian more and more....I really need to make an effort to speak to her more in Hungarian
.


Ohhh.... it has been a few long day, but fun. Hubby is back from fiddling with his jetskiis, the kids are asleep, knock on wood, off I go to spend time with my better half. :)

PS:

I can not wait to get some pics printed of our cottage vacation, I am going to make an album for my parents...of course I am going to use Back Country ....an amazing paper design by Close To My Heart.

I have been so busy here that I have not done much scrapbooking lately. I am hoping I can post some layouts soon after our vacay is over.

Check out the July Stamp of The Month offer! Click on the link on my webpage to CTMH website. You can view the Idea Book there or contact me for your own copy.

Thanks for checking in here ladies....Make sure you answear my polls! :) Come on Have a little fun here!

No comments:

Post a Comment