Saturday, November 13, 2010

Easy Chicken Broccoli Divan With Fusilli

What a beautiful day! I am enjoying the sun shine through the huge glass doors up north in grandmas living room.I tried to take a nap in the arm chair, but grandma and toddler boy was too noisy playing with bells and listening to videos recorded on grandmas phone. Oh well, I got some rest anyway. Everybody is busy outside so I took the opportunity to write this post while it is peaceful in here. :)

So here is the recipe of this divan I fed, well try to fed my family last night. :)


Ingredients:

3 cups hot cooked broccoli florets
2 cups cubed,cooked,skinless chicken breast
1 can cream of broccoli soup or mushroom soup
1/3 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tbsp dry bread crumbs
` tsp margarine or butter, melted
3 cups of uncooked tri-coloured fusilli

1. Arrange broccoli and chicken in 1.5 qt ( 1.5 L ) baking dish. Pour in mixture of soup and milk. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with mixture of bread crumbs and margarine.
2.bake at 425 F ( 220C ) until heated through - about 25 minutes.
3. Cook fusilli according to package directions,omitting salt, and serve immediately with divan.

Bon Apetite!


here is the tofu version.....just cubed up some tofu and fried it until golden brown.
Here is a picture of the chicken version.


I used an organ can of Amy's cream of mushroom soup....lol...it was a mistake. Next time I will try this recipe with cream of broccoli since my daughter hated this dish. I liked it. My toddler dude had a good amount for dinner. The husband picked out all the mushroom pieces into a small dish...So over all since my family is not a mushroom lover unlike me this dish was not a hit. As I said next time it is going to be made with cream of broccoli. Other than that it is a great weeknight dish.
Have a great weekend!I am off to join the family outside now. :)
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment