Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A cool weekend at the cottage

Friday night we headed out to Four Mile Lake to spend the weekend at a rented cottage with my in-laws and her friends. We were hoping for good weather so we could finally enjoy the water but the weather Gods were not so nice to us. My MIL and I went out on the Kayak on Saturday late morning. The lake was so beautiful, like a glass mirror. I had such a nice relaxing time. We saw a loon family just a few meters from us, they gilded by us on the water to take off...
Once we got back to the cottage Ken ( husband ) took Chloe out on the jetski. She was very excited because daddy had promised her she could drive. And she did. She was so proud we all had to watch her. " Mommy, Mommy! Watch me Iam driving! " That is all she yelled out to us..Brrrmmmm. It was funny to watch her as she kept revving the engine up and go very slow.

In the evening my MIL friends were relaxing with us at the main cottage. Shelley, my MIL and I played games after the kids went to bed. One of my fav game was on the menu - Scrabble and some other games. I really had a great time.

Sunday was cool and rained all morning.Linda ( my MIL ) and I decided to leave the boys with the kids and head to the farm to harvest some of the vegetables we organically grew. We picked, cucumber, zucchinis, spinach, onions and some tomatoes and potatoes, oh and leeks too. I do not have to mention that my fridge was full with almost vegetable only. I already made tomatoe sauce and baby food for Riley from the zucchini. I also made tasty Hungarian cucumber salad, YUMMY!

I also got some time to scrapbook. I prepared some stuff for these Christmas cards and the new Twitterpated layout at the cottage. I am tired since I just finished working on the projects. Let me tell ya, it was much easier with only one child, I definitely had more mommy time. I still love my babies and would not change anything in my life! :)

Here are some picture, enjoy them!

Chloe and daddy making a puzzle on a rainy day at the cottage.
Chloe is driving the jetski. Riley loves splashing in the water.
Hello Mommy!



The New Twitterpated layout. This layout is made using CTMH products. Just LOVE this kit! This is my fav paper of al! And look how cute the embelishements are!







Ms. Holiday Cheer ( Stamp set - CTMH ) Christmas cards



























2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a really nice time! Thanks Veronica! :)

    ReplyDelete